We all have good intentions. We might have nicely made lesson plans or we might have a general idea of what we want to accomplish during the school day. At the very least, we all desire to have a productive homeschool day. And then the day gets started and after what seems like a gazillion interruptions we realize it is 11:00 and you have accomplished almost nothing! In this episode, I share the strategies I use to minimize distractions so our homeschool day stays on track.
What we talked about
- Your day starts the night before. As cliche as this may sound, it is so true. What we do to help our day get started off on the right foot.
- Reduce decision fatigue and eliminate distractions. The notifications I turn off so I do not have to choose whether I should interrupt lessons or not.
- The mindset that has helped me eliminate many distractions. Home educating your children is a profession so I try to guard our school day ferociously.
- Tips for a successful homeschool day including how we use timers to increase attention, what I do during lesson time, how incorporating movement breaks helps us stay focused, and how an independent work basket can help your children keep working even you are not available.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
- A Tour Of Our Portable Homeschool Room
- Our favorite timers
- 3 Ways To Incorporate Movement And Improve Focus
- The Ultimate Guide to Brain Breaks
- Rogue Fitness pull-up bar
- Gain Control Of Your Homeschool Day With This Free Back to the Basics PDF
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
Regain Control Of Your Homeschool
Use this simple strategy to deal with difficult homeschool days.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed and behind on lessons.
- Get back on track and gain control of your homeschool days.
- Learn how to avoid that drowning sensation in the future.
You will also receive weekly emails to help you find peace in a simple, intentional homeschool. If it’s ever too much, you can unsubscribe at any time.