Homeschooling is a demanding, 24/7 job. Especially when my children were young it was difficult because I felt like was always on duty. I would often feel guilty when I made comments about wanting a break. I came to realize that I needed time away so I could rest and recharge in order to be a better mom and teacher. In this episode, you will find strategies and tips to help you find time to recharge and encouragement to let go of the guilt.
What we talked about
- Being the responsible adult is demanding and tiring. It is important to ask for help from others we trust. And our children gain a lot from learning from others too!
- Options for how you can schedule time away from your children.
- How training your children in good habits helps them become self-sufficient. Now that my children are able to do more for themselves, I am able to rest and recharge easier.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
- Encouraging Maturity With Responsibilities And Privileges Lists
- The Day I Told My Kids I Was Going To Work
- Find more encouragement on my YouTube channel
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.