Some days I think I have cats instead of children. Have you felt the same as this reader?
I have no idea how to keep three children on track when one asks a question or needs 1:1 help. Its like herding cats around here. Then I get frustrated, behind, and then overwhelmed. When I get to the overwhelmed stage I almost throw in the towel because I don’t know how to NOT drown.
It’s difficult to accomplish anything in your homeschool when it feels like you are herding cats and no one is heading in the right direction. In this episode, you will hear about six things that help our homeschool stay on track.
Six things that keep our homeschool on track
- Recognize it’s a process.
- Have an approved list or basket of independent learning activities.
- Remove distractions.
- Use 10-minute breaks.
- Transfer responsibility for lessons.
- Have a one-room schoolhouse as much as possible.
Links and resources from the show
- We love the visual aspect of the Time Timer. It really helps us stay focused.