As we strive to help our children assume responsibility for their education, there are six steps we can keep in mind to equip and encourage them on the journey.
- Start with conversations about why you learn.
- Set an example and be a lifelong learner.
- Set clear expectations and ensure your child understands them.
- Provide training.
- Provide accountability and quality control.
- Allow your child to reap the rewards of a job well done.
Join me as we discuss these six steps in this episode of the podcast. You’ll hear about real situations in our homeschool of how I implement each of these steps, sometimes more successfully than others.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
- How Summer Learning Can Help Your Child Assume Responsibility For His Education
- Stepping Into Self-Education Summer Learning Program
- Encouraging Maturity With Responsibilities and Privileges Lists
- Responsibilities and Privileges List PDF
- Time Timer
- Time Timer App
- Ultimate Guide to Brain Breaks
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to be notified when a new episode is released, you can subscribe by entering your email below.
Be a guest on the podcast
If you have a homeschool/parenting struggle from which you have triumphed or a nugget of wisdom to share with the podcast listeners, I’d love to have you on the show. Learn how to be a guest on the podcast!
Submit a question for the podcast
Do you have a question you would like addressed on the podcast? Click here to contact me and submit your question. I’ll do my best to answer as many as possible on the show.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.