God has a unique plan for your homeschool. He is not calling you to make your homeschool look like anyone else’s. It is okay to let go of the guilt and shame of comparison and embrace the struggles and unique challenges your family faces. It is okay to embrace the passions and gifts he has given your family. Hear more from Becky Redman about how she learned to thrive and walk in faith that God has a purpose for her family.
What we talked about
- God is always with us. Sometimes we just need to take life one step at a time and walk in faith. Life is not always in our control.
- We cannot copy anyone else’s homeschool or a traditional school setting. We need to let go of the guilt and shame when we cannot do what others do.
- Fear is powerful. God made each of us unique. Instead of fearing what we cannot provide for our children, we should recognize that God made each of us and each of our children unique.
- What her family needs to thrive. She has to constantly fight to not overschedule or overschool her children.
What advice would you give to a new homeschool mom?
Allow the Holy Spirit to lead your homeschool.
Relax. Don’t overschedule or overschool. Live life with your kids. Create memories.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.