The schedule is not working…again. It feels like we are behind and just cannot catch up.
It happens to all of us. The first thing you should do is take a deep breath. (Or several deep breaths some days!) Then follow these three steps.
What to do when you feel behind on lessons
you can watch it with the closed captions on instead.)
Key takeaways from today’s show:
- Take a deep breath. Recognize that feeling behind happens to every homeschool mom sometimes.
- Write your plans in pencil. You will need to change them.
- Ask what “behind” really means. Are you really behind or just not where you want to be?
- Evaluate why you feel behind.
- Download the Back to the Basics worksheet below this post and start making a plan to move forward. Do you need to make changes in curriculum, schedules, or habits?
What do you think?
What one tip has been most helpful for you when you feel behind?
Let us know in the comments below!
Remember, share as much detail as possible in your reply. Others will benefit from your story and experience.
Regain Control Of Your Homeschool
Use this simple strategy to deal with difficult homeschool days.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed and behind on lessons.
- Get back on track and gain control of your homeschool days.
- Learn how to avoid that drowning sensation in the future.
You will also receive weekly emails to help you find peace in a simple, intentional homeschool. If it’s ever too much, you can unsubscribe at any time.