Do you love to read? Me too! That is one of the reasons I love the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education—we read so many amazing books. I have learned so much about history, science, music, art, and math by reading books with my children.
How do you find books to read that are engaging and enhance your child’s educational studies? I’ve made the process a little easier for you by compiling book suggestions by subject and student age. (History suggestions are even broken out by time period.) These are books we love and have read. I am sure you will find some new books that your family will come to treasure, too.
Teacher Resource Books
Book Suggestions for Preschool
Book Suggestions By Subject
- Audio Book Suggestions
- Literature Suggestions
- History Living Book Suggestions
- How Geography Book Inspire A Love Of Other Cultures
- Living Geography Books to Teach Map Skills
- Living Math Book Suggestions
- Book Suggestions for Nature Study
- Book Suggestions to Teach Science
- Shakespeare Book Suggestions
- Books to Learn About Artists for Picture Study
- Books to Learn About Composers
- Poetry Book Suggestions
- Books for Bible Study and Devotions
- Books for Character Development
- Favorite Advent and Christmas Books
Book Suggestions Listed By Series
- Childhood of Famous Americans
- American Girl Books
- Dear America
- Once Upon America
- Getting to Know the Presidents by Mike Venezia
- YWAM Christian Heroes Then and Now and Heroes of History
Organizing Your Books
And no post about books would be complete without letting you in on my secrets for organizing my home library and letting go of the stress of not finishing all of these amazing books at the end of the school year.
- Organizing Your Home Library
- How To Store Digital Curriculum So You Know What You Own
- Gasp…We didn’t finish all the books!
Regain Control Of Your Homeschool
Use this simple strategy to deal with difficult homeschool days.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed and behind on lessons.
- Get back on track and gain control of your homeschool days.
- Learn how to avoid that drowning sensation in the future.
You will also receive weekly emails to help you find peace in a simple, intentional homeschool. If it’s ever too much, you can unsubscribe at any time.