You want to provide your children with a rigorous education at home.
You want you and your children to enjoy the learning process.
But you’re overwhelmed.
You have many questions, such as:
- What should I expect of my children?
- How much work should they do?
- What subjects should we cover?
- Will I teach them what they need to know?
- Will my children be adequately prepared for life?
- How do I fit it all in?
Take a deep breath and relax!
You can educate your children at home!
I had many of the same questions when we first began homeschooling, but I discovered a pivotal truth.
I cannot teach my children everything they need to know, but I can teach them how to learn.
In breaking free from restrictive beliefs about how I should teach and how my child should learn, I discovered that an engaging, rigorous education does not need to consume our lives or overwhelm me.
Instead, our lives enhance my children’s education. I no longer stress over establishing or deviating from “the plan.” I look forward to learning each day alongside my children.
Since embracing this truth, I’ve helped many overwhelmed moms find simple ways to implement an engaging, rigorous homeschool education. I’d love to help you, too. Let’s work together to develop an educational plan tailored specifically to your children.
Who would benefit from homeschool consulting?
- You are just getting started homeschooling.
- You want to teach your preschool-aged child at home in a developmentally appropriate way.
- You want to implement Charlotte Mason’s principles, but do not know where to begin.
- Your child needs help mastering the math facts.
- You have a struggling learner.
- You have a gifted learner.
- You want to homeschool while traveling.
- Your child won’t obey you.
- You need fresh ideas to help sensitive children overcome fear.
- You’re not sure how to get your child to help out around the house more.
Life management concerns
- You need to gain control of your schedule and learn how to juggle all of your responsibilities.
Sometimes blog posts don’t answer all the questions you have. Sometimes you need a trusted guide to lead the way. If you want someone to walk beside you, I’d love to help! Together we can find the roadblocks keeping you and your children stuck and not enjoying your homeschool experience.
What to expect from a consulting session
- Decide what issue you want to discuss. It is unlikely that we would be able to address all of your concerns in one session. Be prepared to submit the question you want to address prior to our call. Make your question as concise and detailed as possible. Try to keep it to 3 sentences or less. If you cannot ask your question in 3 sentences or less, keep digging into the root of your situation. What do you really need help or feedback on? Where are you stuck?
- Purchase a consulting session. Click this link or the button below to purchase your initial consulting session.
- Schedule our meeting. After your purchase is complete, I’ll contact you as soon as possible to set up a time to meet. (While I will make every attempt to contact you within 24 hours, please recognize that I am homeschooling my children and running a household as well.) Consultations are generally scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons between 2-5 p.m. Central Time.
- Provide information about your homeschool. After purchasing your consulting session, you will be granted access to my Homeschool Mentoring portal where you can answer some questions about your homeschool and the struggles you are facing. (You’ll also find a few bonus resources to help you on your homeschool journey.)
- We’ll meet via a Zoom video call (or audio only if you prefer). I’ll prepare ahead of time by reading through the information you submitted. The more detailed information you provide and the more specific your question, the better I’ll be able to come to our meeting prepared.
- Receive a follow-up email. Within 24-48 hours of our meeting, I’ll send a summary of our time together along with any links and suggestions for resources. I will also email you a copy of the audio file of our meeting.
- Follow up. After our meeting, you can email me to clarify what we discussed or ask a quick question. If it’s a quick answer, I’ll respond via email or a short video. If your question requires a longer explanation, we can arrange a time for an additional consultation session.
Homeschool Consulting Services and Rates
Initial Consultation – $75
During this one-hour call, we will determine the steps that will make the biggest impact on your homeschool.
Follow-Up Consultations – $50 / hour
On follow-up calls or emails, we can evaluate your progress and identify solutions to new issues. Work prepared between sessions and follow-up sessions will be billed at the hourly rate.
The hourly rate includes preparation time and my follow up in addition to the hour we spend in conversation.
Payment is due at the time the consultation is scheduled.
I look forward to helping you homeschool confidently and joyfully!
- I am not a mental health professional and do not provide counseling.
- I am not a special education professional and do not diagnose learning problems.
- I am not an expert in homeschool law and do not provide guidance related to legal issues or adhering to the laws in your particular state.