Holly reminds us of how important it is to create an atmosphere where the whole family can find joy. She knew homeschooling would be the best fit for her son. He is uniquely made and homeschooling would allow her son to have a unique education that fits him. What she didn’t realize was how much she would learn and how much she would enjoy it too.
What we talked about
- The pivotal moment she realized why she wanted to homeschool. She didn’t realize until that moment how much she did not know about her son.
- How less is actually more. And how she learned to back off and not plan so much. She realized the foundation was more important than the amount of work they completed.
- Blessings her family sees as a result of homeschooling including learning to turn limitations into strengths, taking advantage of flexibility to adjust routines for the needs of her children, and how much she is learning about each of her children.
- How she recharges as a mom with a busy household. She has learned that making time to exercise is actually a blessing for the whole family.
- How she felt ill-equipped to educate her inquisitive son. And how she learned to overcome those feelings of inadequacy.
- What she realized she did not need when she started homeschooling. Hint: learning does not take place within four walls.
- What is working better for her preschool-aged son than the curriculum.
What advice would you give to a new homeschool mom?
Take it slow and steady.
Less is more.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
- Featured Triumphant Learning Product: Hand Clapping Fun
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.