Preview: There’s not a one-size fits all solution, but these questions will help you decide which homeschool planner is right for you.
Finding the right planner can be a little like finding a pair of jeans that fit like a glove and accentuate in all the right places. It can be a very frustrating experience!
I have used both paper and online planners, and there are benefits to both. Before choosing a planner, you need to identify your needs and how you prefer to work. Asking yourself some questions can help you narrow down your choices so you can choose the best homeschool planner for you.
Questions to help you choose the right planner for your homeschool
- Do you want a paper planner or an online planner?
- Do you want a planner to be pretty?
- Do you like to write out my lesson plans?
- Do you get distracted when you turn on the computer?
- Do you want to make changes easier?
- Do you want your children to have a personal planner without having to rewrite everything?
- Do you want to print off your records at the end of the year?
- How old are your children?
- How much room do you need in a planner?
- How much flexibility do you need in a planner?
- Do you want large blocks of space in which to write, or are small spaces sufficient?
- What additional details or extras do you need to track?
- If you want a paper planner, what size planner do you want?
In this video, I dive deeper into each of these questions to help you identify what to look for in a homeschool planner.
Paper Planner Suggestions
- Anchored Women Homeschool Planner
- The Anchor for preschool
- The Primary Planner for grades 1-3
- The Practical Planner for grades 4 and up
Online Planner Suggestions
Do you have questions about homeschooling?
Watch the FREE Homeschool 101 Workshop. It’s an on-demand workshop you can watch at your convenience.
Ready to start homeschooling but not sure how?
Check out the Homeschool Roadmap. It walks you through establishing your homeschool with confidence and joy, one step at a time.