Have you said, “I don’t have the patience to homeschool!”? If so, then this episode is just for you!
As I talk about my experiences with developing patience and the journey God has led me on, I will share practical tips that will help you develop the patience and mindset to successfully homeschool your children.
And really, let’s be honest…we all need more patience. Having more patience will help us not only be a better home educator but a better parent as well. And even if we have been working on developing patience, we can always use a reminder to be more intentional.
What we talked about
- Pray and ask God to help you develop patience.
- Examine why you do not have patience. Getting to the root cause of your beliefs can help you begin to align your beliefs with the truth so you can begin to develop patience.
- Learn to become a thermostat instead of a thermometer so you can help control the atmosphere of your home and reduce the amount of patience you need.
- Revise your schedule so you have more margin and are less rushed and busy.
- Plan how you will get a respite. Having a plan in place to allow you to take a break from the demands of parenting and homeschooling is essential!
Links and resources mentioned on the show
- How do I get my child to obey?
- Encouraging Maturity with Responsibilities and Privileges Lists
- Back to the Basics Free PDF to help you regain control of your homeschool
- Are you controlling the atmosphere of your home?
- How To Help Your Children Feel Heard and Understood
- How to Start a Nature Study Co-op
- How to Start a Charlotte Mason Discussion Group
- How to Be An Involved Homeschool Grandparent With Sherry Cantrell
- Featured Triumphant Learning Product: A Panoramic View of Geography
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.