It can be so easy to lose sight of why we are homeschooling in the first place. Ruth Adams, a second generation homeschooler, reminds us to keep the proper perspective as we homeschool our children and ask ourselves what is really important in the long run.
What we talked about
- Remember the homeschool pioneers. It can be easy to forget the fight homeschool pioneers fought to legalize homeschooling in all fifty states. It is important to be grateful for their fight and be vigilant so we do not become complacent.
- Homeschooling has been a tool God has used to train her to be who he wants her to be. As a homeschool student and now as a homeschool mom, Ruth has learned the joy of serving, how to be a leader, how to be accountable to God, and respect for others.
- Ultimately, it is up to God. While she does her best and makes the best decisions she can, Ruth recognizes that her children’s future is ultimately in God’s hands.
What advice would you give to a new homeschool mom?
Seek God first and focus on your relationship with him.
God is refining you and will equip you every step of the way on your homeschool journey.
Links and resources mentioned on the show
How to listen to the podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click on an image below to go to that episode and click the play button in the post. You can also see the show notes for that episode.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
How you can support the podcast
You can support the podcast and help spread the word about the podcast in several ways.
1. Subscribe & Leave a Review
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review, which helps more people find the show. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing. Thanks for your help! (Need help leaving a review? These instructions should help.)
Share the podcast with your friends! Word of mouth is the number one way people learn about the show. Text a friend or share your favorite episode on Facebook or Instagram. It’s the best compliment ever when you do. Thanks!
Shop the Triumphant Learning store. You will find resources to help you disciple and train your children, implement a Charlotte Mason education, continue your learning as a teacher/facilitator, and make learning fun.
Shop on Amazon with this affiliate link, and I’ll receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.