CHECK OUT HELP FOR THE OVERWHELMED HOMESCHOOL MOM TO LISTEN TO ALL FIVE EPISODES IN THIS SERIES.
I’m sure you’ve heard it before: Take care of yourself before taking care of others. It really is important for us to put our self-care as a priority in our lives and it is not selfish to focus on your needs. When you take care of yourself, you will have more energy and a better mood to take care of your family. In this episode, we will explore practical suggestions for four areas homeschool moms often struggle with to take care of themselves: sleep, exercise, healthy eating, and finding joy.
What we talked about
- Motherhood is draining. Regardless of how you spin it, caring for children is tiring!
- Practical suggestions for getting enough sleep. Including my secret trick for going back to sleep when my husband gets up earlier than I do. Yes, you will probably laugh at it.
- Practical suggestions for fitting exercise into your day. And how starting slowly is best!
- Practical suggestions for eating healthy. And why we need to not allow the pursuit of self-care to become a stressor.
- Practical suggestions of how to fit in what brings you joy. And you could implement a Mother’s Day Out program with the help of your friends regardless of the age of your children.