CHECK OUT HOW TO ADD ENRICHMENT TO YOUR HOMESCHOOL TO LISTEN TO MORE EPISODES IN THIS SERIES.
I’ll be the first to admit that I am often the limiting factor in us actually doing nature study. It is one of the first subjects I cut when we get busy. And if it’s cold, hot, windy, buggy… Well, you get the idea. But I know how valuable nature study is for my children so I made it a priority when they were little.
The past couple of years we have not studied nature as consistently because our schedule has gotten busier, and my children’s other subjects have consumed more of our day. But after my interview with Cindy West, I am convinced I need to add nature study back into our homeschool. And even though I know it is best for us to get outside to study nature, I am excited that we now have another option to learn about nature via live classes.
If you are hesitant to add nature study to your homeschool because you don’t know what to study or you don’t want to get outside, this episode is packed with helpful suggestions and ideas for the brand new nature study newbie.
If you are a nature study veteran, there are tips for you too!
What we talked about
- The benefits of adding nature study to your homeschool. You may be surprised at some of these benefits. I was!
- How nature study lays a foundation for high school science and the simple and fun activities you can do on a nature walk to help lay that foundation.
- How to motivate your children on a nature walk.
- Alternatives to a nature walk if you cannot get outside.
Links mentioned in the show
- Nature Study Lesson Ideas
- 7 Easy Steps to Start a Nature Club
- NaturExplorer Books
- 100+ Creative Nature Walks
- No Sweat Nature Study LIVE
- Nature study posts on Triumphant Learning
Connect with Cindy